Connect with us

Metro

Generator Fumes Kill Four Family Members Who Went for Sallah Festival in Kwara State

Published

on

60f91094cc647

Tragedy has befallen the people of Sanmora, Irepodun Local Government Area of Kwara state, after four family members were found dead after they fell asleep with their generator on.

It was gathered that the family had visited Kwara State to celebrate the Sallah Festival, when this tragic incident occured. The incident was reported to have happened Tuesday night, July 20.

 

The victims, who are from Ojomu family compound, included a man, his wife, another woman and child.

Two others were found unconscious in the house on Wednesday, July 21, and were rushed to the hospital.

An eyewitness had accounted that the family had gone to bed on Tuesday night, leaving their generator switched on and running in the corridor.

A neighbour who visited to greet them on Wednesday found their bodies and raised alarm.

Advertisement

 

A source said, according to Tribune:

“We discovered their lifeless bodies early this morning, the head of the house, his two wives and one of his children were all dead.

“Two of the family members who were unconscious at the time of our breaking in have been rushed to the hospital. Although they’re both in critical conditions, it is our prayer they survive.”

The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Kwara State Police Command, Ajayi Okasanmi, confirmed the incident.

Okasanmi said that the incident involved four members of the same family, adding that two other members of the family were recuperating in hospital.

Follow the news on Twitter

Join us on Telegram

Apply For Latest Jobs Here

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply