Bayern Munich thrashes Bremer 12-0
German champions, Bayern Munich made history on Wednesday night, thrashing German fifth-tier opponents, Bremer 12-0 in the German Cup.
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting scored four goals in the encounter that recorded seven different scorers.
According to data on Bayern’s website, the scoreline was the first time the club will score 12 or more goals in a competitive fixture since a 16-1 win way back in 1998.
The German Cup tie was fixed for early August but was postponed over an outbreak of Covid-19 in the Bremer squad.
Though Bremer were reduced to 10-men on 77th minute, the minnows were already 8-0 down after defender Ugo Nobile brought down Michael Cuisance, who was through on goal.
England midfielder Jamal Musiala grabbed a brace as Bayern took a 5-0 lead at half-time.
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC
- Nigerian Customs To Deploy Drones At Seme Border To Check Smuggling
- States Must be Empowered To Harness Resources, Revenues For Development – Wike
- My Vision For United Nigeria Driving Me Crazy – Okorocha