Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has lambasted his Ebonyi State counterpart, Dave Umahi, for saying God will give Nigeria a president like President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023.
The Ebonyi state governor had on Monday, said God will give Nigeria another president with good heart like President Muhammadu Buhari, come 2023.
But reacting, Wike, during a stakeholders’ meeting in Port Harcourt, Rivers state capital, while addressing business owners, said: “That was how a governor was saying that he prays that Nigeria gets another President like Buhari.
“I said what has gone wrong with him? You mean there shouldn’t be (a) psychiatric check on the governor? Sycophancy.
“And you know that the President knows that you are telling lies to him. He (Buhari) knows.
“It is unfortunate. May God help us.”
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller
- Breaking: Former CBN Deputy Governor Mailafa Obadiah is Dead
- Buhari Grieves Over Ex-Algerian President, Comforts Tebboune
- Niger Police Arrest 259 Criminal Suspects