A chieftain of the New Nigerian Peoples Party, NNPP, Barr. Olusegun Bamgbose, has said that former President Goodluck Jonathan has agreed to join the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, before 2022.
According to Bamgbose, APC is wooing the former president with its presidential ticket, come 2023.
In a chat with DAILY POST, the human rights lawyer claimed that Senator Stella Oduah joining the party most recently, was in preparation for Jonathan to equally decamp.
He said “The carrot they are dangling at him Is the possibility of handing over the APC presidential ticket to him. Jonathan has agreed in principle to cross over to APC before January 2022, he said quoting an insider in the former President’s camp.
“He has been brainwashed by some APC stalwarts that he is the most qualified Southerner to take over from Buhari, having honorably accepted defeat in 2015.
“They have been able to convince him that it’s time for payback for what he did in 2015,” he said.
“This is why Jonathan has not been showing any interest in the internal squabbles in his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
“Other things being equal, Jonathan will cross over to APC with a Governor, Senator to convince the APC that he is still politically relevant.
“APC has plans to unsettle PDP in order to politically neutralize them against 2023. It’s most likely that the PDP will break into factions soon.
“This is just the master plan.APC has concluded to zone the Presidency to South and will also ensure that PDP joins suit. They will go to any length to ensure that Atiku Abubakar is denied a ticket by PDP.
“The fear is that ethnic sentiments may not be ruled out if Atiku contests against a Southern candidate. Nigerians should however reject APC and PDP just like Jega once opined. Nigerians should look forward to a fresh hand come 2023.”
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents