Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of Osun State has been described as a big disaster by the Osun State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
In a press release signed by Ayodeji Areola, the state Publicity Secretary of the party, PDP expressed concern over the increasing deterioration of the state’s public infrastructures.
The statement read “This to us, is all time low in a compact state like Osun. As things are, our party felt ashamed as many portions of township roads in Osogbo, the usual poster center of performance of this clueless administration were heavily submerged in heavy flooding yesterday night, just after a 30-minute rainfall.
“This as we speak, has led to massive loss of means of livelihood of many residents worth several millions of Naira in the state, including a reported loss of life at Awosuru Area of the state capital.
“Many residents around Oke-Ayepe, Rasco, Dada Estate, NITEL, Okefia and several other areas of the state capital were agonizingly trapped in the preventable flooding, such that many had to abandon their ef forts to access their individual homes out of frustration.
“This certainly is not a good deal for our people. It is certainly the lowest point in the history of our state,” the release said.
“This also is another testament to the fact that the present group of election rigging opportunists in the state have nothing to offer our dear state.
“A visit to all local government headquarters will send jitters to the spine of any patriotic mind in the state. Most of these edifices put in place by the PDP administration are in a very bad state of disrepair and it is very sad,” the statement read.
“In the light of the foregoing, we call on the state government to immediately reopen Okefia-Government House-Lameco-Agunbelewo road, which has been closed to traffic and other commercial activities since the early hours of Wednesday.
“There is no single justification for blocking people out of their legitimate businesses just because a Governor was trying to cover his ass of shame. Preventing people from transacting their businesses is akin to caging an already stressed economy.”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller