A member of the house of representatives, Oluwarotimi Agunsoye has said government has failed “woefully” in protecting lives and property of Nigerians.
Agunsoye, a lawmaker from Lagos state and member of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), said this at the floor of the green chamber on Tuesday while addressing the recent surge in killing accross the nation.
“Dear colleagues, the most hated person in the world, is the person that speaks the truth and people would not want to listen to the truth because they do not want their illusion destroyed,”
“Mr speaker, dear colleagues, I think enough is enough. We need to address the main issue now. Where are we? The role of government in governance is to protect lives and property of the people and to provide welfare for the people.
“Mr speaker, we have failed woefully in all this. My colleague there, Sununu, said over 70 people were killed. My dear colleague from Oyo state said over 50 people were killed. Somebody from Imo said their people are being killed. Go to the north-east, north-central, south-east, south-west, north-west, south-south — our people are being killed. What are we doing in government?”
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari