Cleaner has been appointed as SSA by Governor Yahaya Bello
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State has appointed a cleaner, Peter Aliyu, as his Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Sanitation.
The appointment of the cleaner was contained in a statement issued by Governor Bello’s spokesperson, Onogwu Mohammed, on Saturday, May 8.
Daily Report Nigeria understands that Peter Aliyu is a speech impaired former cleaner of the governor who worked under the Geemoney Cleaning Scheme.
The statement about the appointment of the cleaner said: “His appointment was announced at the state executive council alongside other new government appointees of government,” he said.
“In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Folashade Arike Ayoade said the young man’s appointment came on the heel of His Excellency’s observation of the man’s consistency, diligence and dedication which also endeared the new appointee to many other individuals who have hailed his appointment.
“Governor Bello has always been known for his non-discrimination approach to leadership and how he has ensured that individuals of different class, group have equal rights in governance.
“The governor, in his usual disposition, did not consider Mr Aliyu’s disability as a hindrance for him to effectively serve but rather, as a means to enlist him and prove to the world that true that in disabilities lie abilities as well.”
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi is one of the aspirants for the 2023 presidential under the All Progressive Congress, APC.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari