Governor Zulum Orders Arrest of Preachers
The Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum has issued out a warning to preachers who incite the public against each other.
During an interactive meeting at the Government House in Maiduguri on Sunday, August 29, the Borno state Governor who addressed stakeholders at the meeting spoke about the rise in insecurity of the State following the sudden surrendering of hundreds of Boko Haram insurgents.
Zulum disclosed that he has ordered the Department of State Services to arrest preachers abusing themselves in public.
“One very important thing I want to discuss here is the issue of preaching in the state. If care is not taken, this will become a serious issue because I heard different preachers have started abusing each other.Advertisement
“I heard they are abusing each other in their preaching. I have ordered the DSS to arrest all of them in the state. The Preaching Service Board has been given all the powers to regulate their activities.
“We shall never allow anybody to come into the state and begin to say things anyhow, be it Christian or Muslim. This is very important. The CAN should write to us, the Jama’atu Nasri Islam should also write to the Borno State Government and the Preaching Service Board with a view to creating access for them to preach. This is very important.”
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents