Abba Kyari denies receiving money from HushPuppi
Under fire Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari appeared before tbe Special Investigation Panel on Wednesday in continuation of his grilling by the SIP, following his indictment by the FBI.
Kyari first appeared before the Special Investigation Panel sitting at the Force Headquarters in Abuja, on Tuesday to defend his indictment.
The Federal Bureau of Investigations indicted the former Head of the Intelligence Response Team, of being an accomplice to Ramos Abbas, AKA HushPuppi to defraud a Qatari businessman to the tune of $1.1 million.
The SIP, which is headed by the Deputy Inspector-General of Police in-charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department, Joseph Egbunike, questioned Kyari for at least two hours.
Kyari is said to have persistently denied receiving money from Hushpuppi to detain an accomplice, Vincent Chibuzor for a month as alleged in his indictment statement by the FBI.
Abba Kyari will continue to sit daily with the Special Investigation Panel for two weeks, when the SIP is expected to make a decision.
Other members of the SIP are Assistant Inspector-General in charge of Border Patrol, Usman Nagogo, CSP A. Idris, who is the panel secretary and another officer.
Meanwhile, Kyari added fuel to his indictment controversy om Wednesday when he deleted his defence post against the indictment by the FBI on Facebook.
The DCP had edited the same post for twelve times before finally pulling down the post.
Kyari claimed he only arrested Chibuzor at the behest of Hushpuppi, who had reported the young man threatened to kill his family, which he (Kyari) discovered was not the case.
While denying that he received money from Hushpuppi, Kyari said his office only helped the arraigned fraudster to recover N8m for a friend.
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi