Unknown gunmen have abducted at least four travellers in Ekiti state.
Two buses conveying passengers from Otun Ekiti, were reportedly attacked by the gunmen, leading to Abduction of four of the passengers, while others jumped out of the vehicles and fled in different directions.
A source claimed the gunmen, had carried out an unsuccessful attack on Ayetoro-Ewu road on Sunday.
According to the source: “Definitely, they are the ones who operated on Ayetoro-Ewu road on Sunday evening too,”
“That of Sunday operation was not successful, and perhaps, that is why they visited again to carry out this one.
“On that Sunday evening, they attacked commercial motorcyclists by shooting sporadically into the air to scare people.
“A commercial motorcyclist was stopped at gunpoint and they took all his valuables, while another motorcyclist escaped into the bush.”
The source revealed hunters in the area were informed of the incident, adding that “before they got to the scene, the gunmen had driven or pushed the two buses into the bush”.
“At that point, we could not say the number of people taken into the forest, but the buses are still there as we speak,” the source said.
“I advised the hunters and security agents who arrived at the scene that the kidnappers would have gone towards the Otun Ekiti end, and that they would not have gone far that time.”
Confirming the incident, Ekiti police spokesman, Sunday Abutu said the incident took place on the Ayetoro Ekiti-Otun Ekiti road in Moba LGA of the state.
He said the whereabouts of 32 other passengers were not yet known.
Abutu said: “It is true there was a kidnap on Monday morning along that axis. We heard the information and we have deployed our personnel there,”
“It began on Sunday evening when some suspected robbers attacked a man who the police thereafter rescued.
“But this morning, we learnt that the suspects were the ones who abducted some road users. The police are on their trail.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari