Gunmen Kill RCCG Senior Pastor On Pulpit
Bolanle Ibrahim, asenior pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, King of Kings parish in Ketu, Lagos state, has shot dead on the altar while praying for congregants.
Our source say the daredevil gunmen invaded the church premises located at Maidan in Ikosi Ketu local government as the slain clergyman was praying during a child dedication ceremony.
The gunmen first confirmed Ibrahim’s identity with a picture, before attempting to drag him out of the church.
They were however, stopped by a senior pastor who was beaten up and got injured for questioning their actions. The assailant later shot Pastor Ibrahim right on the altar.
Justina Alebiosu, sister to the late pastor alleged that Ibrahim must have had a business deal with people who may have plotted his death.
”My thinking is that my brother had a business transaction with someone,” she said.
The Lagos State Police Command spokesperson, Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmed the killing, disclosing that Police Commissioner Hakeem Odumosu had already directed all tactical commanders to handle the matter.
”We are investigating the case because we have a clue into the killing. We will unravel the case,” Mr Adejobi said.
Authorities of the Redeemed Christian Church of God were yet to comment on the incident as at press time.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals