Houseboy hacks madam to death, steals N3,500, phones
The Ondo State Police Command have taken custody of a one Emmanuel Akpan, a houseboy, for allegedly killing his boss, and as well as stealing some personal items belonging to deceased.
Akpan is accused of murder and is reported to have stolen from the sum of N3,500, two phones, jewellery and a generator from the deceased.
The suspect was paraded at the command headquarters in Akure, the Ondo state capital by the Commissioner of Police, Mr Bolaji Salami.
Mr Salami stated that the suspect killed his boss, Mrs Febisola Adedayo, a restaurant operator in Ondo town, with a cutlass while she was sleeping.
The police boss explained Emmanuel was introduced Mrs Adedayo by his friend, Goodness Akpan, who assured the suspect that his boss was a wealthy woman.
The duo had fled to a village in Ogun State following the murder, but were trailed there by police detectives, who arrested them.
In his confession, Emmanuel said Goodness convinced him to kill his madam in order to steal her property, but the latter shrugged off the allegation.
The command also paraded 26 others suspects arrested for various criminal activities ranging from robbery, murder, kidnapping, stealing, and assault, across the 18 local government areas of the state.
- Photos: Vehicles Set Ablaze as Hoodlums Attack INEC Office in Enugu
- #BringBackGEJ: Youths Begin Campaign For Jonathan to Contest 2023
- Miyetti Allah Tells Herdsmen to Vacate South South
- You’re on Expired Drugs, Aisha Yesufu Blasts Those Against Southern Governors
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stealing Human Hair in Ondo
- Breaking: Gunmen Burn Down Police Station, Vehicles in Delta
- Video: Leicester City Players Dance to ‘Over The Moon’ by Dr Sid After FA Cup Victory
- BREAKING: Leicester City Beats Chelsea to Win First FA Cup
- Delta 2023: Next Governor Must be Fair to Anioma Nation – Governor Okowa
- BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Date For 2021 UTME