Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike has alleged that the All Progressives Congress-led Federal Government is plotting to rig the 2023 general elections by nominating presidential aide, Lauretta Onochie as a National Commissioner in the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Wike levelled this allegation against APC in Port Harcourt during the presentation of his scorecard as Governor of the state for six years.
said despite the protest by Nigerians against the nomination of Onochie,the National Assembly appears determined to confirm her nomination.
He said failure to withdraw Onochie’s nomination despite protest by Nigerians, proved there is plot by the APC to rig the 2023 elections.
In his words “Despite the flood of protests against her nominations and the general lack of trust in her capacity to remain impartial, it seems the APC-led senate is determined to confirm her appointment as part of their grand plot to rig the 2023 general elections well ahead of time, knowing that Nigerians will overwhelmingly reject them in a free fair and transparent contest”.
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju