Former Senate President, Chief Ken Nnamani, has explained how he made a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Nuhu Ribadu drop corruption charges against his kinsman, Mr. Chinyeaka Oha.
In a trending video of a reception organized in honour of Oha, a retired Federal Permanent Secretary, Nnamani told the gathering that but for his intervention, Oha’s carrier would have been crippled.
He said “We thank the Governor of Enugu State, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for making the state one of the peace loving states in the country. If there is no peace, none of us will be here today.
“We are here to honour someone whom I have known for a very long time, Sir Christian Chinyeaka Oha. While I was in office, he had difficulties when he served at the state level. He was tossed around, they were going to stand for charges in various courts of the land, but our people will say “onye Nwanne ya no n’izu na ikpe adighi ama ya” (Ones whose brother is sitting in judgement cannot be guilty).
“I ensured that he did not continue with that harassment. And that helped him to continue till he retired because when I reached Nuhu Ribadu, he was in my house and Chinyeaka was there too. I’m saying this because when you don’t blow your trumpet, no one will do that for you.
“If I don’t tell you, you will not know, I invited both parties so that we look at the matter properly to know what really happened.
“I said was this man directly involved or was he an agent, did he commit anything directly? What really happened? I will like you and him to find solution.
“Then they found solution, they found a very lasting solution. Chinyeaka was made a witness in the matter.
“So, he didn’t have to go further, because if he had gone further, if the matter had gone further, he will not be where he went to before he retired.”
“He is a person we can vouch for, a person from a very humble background who knows where he is coming from”
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike