Former Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido has declared that he can never enter a mosque to pray for President Muhammadu Buhari.
Lamido further stated added that he cannot advise the President on how to effectively run the affairs of Nigeria.
On why he made the declaration, Lamido stated that Buhari once labelled him and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as thieves.
“I am from an opposition party, no matter how much I love Buhari or his cabinet, I can’t enter mosque and pray for him.
“People called us [PDP] thieves and voted APC
“So, it is left for them to judge now.
“If Buhari is doing good, they know and let him lead Nigeria forever, but if he is doing wrong, we are always there to come and takeover in order to do the right thing,” he told BBC Hausa.
Lamido left Nigerians to evaluate the difference between the performances of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the PDP which they voted out of office in 2015.
On Nigeria’s 60 hears of independence, Lamido added that there has been progress which the leaders have failed to maximize.
“You can’t say in the past 60 years of our independence that there is no progress, there is.
“But, honestly, our leaders are not taking advantage of the natural resources we have in the country to make us progress and live better,” he said.
Lamido once served as foreign minister under former President Olusegun Obasanjo, and also twice as a governor, before contesting for president under the PDP.
- Photos: Vehicles Set Ablaze as Hoodlums Attack INEC Office in Enugu
- #BringBackGEJ: Youths Begin Campaign For Jonathan to Contest 2023
- Miyetti Allah Tells Herdsmen to Vacate South South
- You’re on Expired Drugs, Aisha Yesufu Blasts Those Against Southern Governors
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stealing Human Hair in Ondo
- Breaking: Gunmen Burn Down Police Station, Vehicles in Delta
- Video: Leicester City Players Dance to ‘Over The Moon’ by Dr Sid After FA Cup Victory
- BREAKING: Leicester City Beats Chelsea to Win First FA Cup
- Delta 2023: Next Governor Must be Fair to Anioma Nation – Governor Okowa
- BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Date For 2021 UTME