Nigerian singer, Portable has tendered public apology to Headies over his threats to harm fellow nominees.
Last month, the singer took to Instagram to make death threats in a viral video that he would kill whoever wins the awards he was nominated for, over him.
“Those are my awards, anybody else who wins I will ask for them to be killed. I will ask them to kill the person. If the organisers give my award to someone else, they will die,” Portable said in Yoruba. “No go give my award to another person, he go die o”
Reacting to the viral video, the award’s organizers said in a statement that he might be disqualified if he fails to retract his statement and issue an apology on his Instagram page.
The organizers also disclosed that they had reported the issue to the police.
Taking to his Instagram page on Monday, Portable issued a statement where he apologised and retracted his controversial statement.
Alongside his statement, he wrote,
“On behalf of myself my management and the entire Zeh nation I sincerely apologize for my unguarded utterances as I do not mean any harm to the nominees in any way The video has been deleted on my page and I appreciate all your support so far God bless my Fans God bless the headies.”