Governor of Oyo state, Seyi Makinde has said he prayed for God’s guidance over his re-election bid in 2023.
Makinde stated this while Speaking at the Christ Revival Miracle Church, Molete, Ibadan, on Sunday.
“One of the pastors, while praying, talked about the first and second tenure. Well, I came out in 2019 to tell the people that I wanted to become the governor but I prayed to God that only his will should be done,” he said.
Also Read: LAUTECH: Makinde Approves 25 Percent Reduction in Tuition Fees
“And now, I don’t even know if it is the will of God for me to even seek or push out for a second tenure. The only prayer I want you to be praying is that God’s will alone should be done in my life.
“On a final note, let us participate in politics and governance as children of God. It is through our participation that this nation will get what it deserves.”
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike