A female student of Federal Government College, Birnin-Yauri, Kebbi state, who escaped recent attack on the school on Thursday, says she doesn’t think the bandits are Nigerians.
On Thursday, gunmen stormed the school in motorcycles and reportedly kidnapped many students.
During the attack, police officers on the ground were said to have been overpowered, leading to the death of an officer.
Some teachers were also said to have been kidnapped alongside the students.
Speaking after the attack, the female student said two of her schoolmates, who sustained gunshot injuries during the attack, are currently receiving treatment.
She noted that some of the students were released by the gunmen, while others were taken away.
“They took four teachers — Mr Kabantyok, Mallam Bash, the security officer, and the VP, student affairs; they took Mr Jekonia, that tall man in the primary school, and they took his wife,” she said.
“They took some students. They shot one SSS 3 boy. They shot two students. I think they are under treatment now.
“They took SSS 1 and SSS 2 students, mostly girls and those people (referring to the gunmen), I don’t think they are from Nigeria at all because my mum and I hid.”
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju