Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo has exonerated himself from any involvement in the political ordeal of Adams Oshiomhole, former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
There was speculation that Keyamo and some party stakeholders were plotting to return Oshiomole as national chairman of the party.
In reaction to that, Oshiomhole, through his aide, Victor Oshioke, had denied claims of plotting to return as APC’s National Chairman, accusing Keyamo of being part of those who cooked his misfortune in the first place.
However, Keyamo, in a statement by his aide, Tunde Moshood, Keyamo said he had nothing to do with the crisis that “consumed” Oshiomhole during the last governorship election in Edo State.
The statement reads partly: “The story of the political tussle between Gov. Godwin Obaseki and Comrade Adams Oshiomhole in Edo State is so well documented that we do not need to remind Nigerians about it. Mr Keyamo had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with it.
“When the crises finally consumed Oshiomhole, Mr Keyamo was not in any strategic legal position like the office of the AGF, APC legal adviser or an SA to any high office within the system on legal matters. Mr Keyamo is not PRIVY to how members of the CECPC were nominated and/or selected, so he did not have the benefit of the opportunity to point out any legal disabilities. Regrettably, the respected Comrade must have given in to gossip and rumours.
“For the avoidance of doubt, Mr Keyamo has no personal interest to serve. He is very content with the assignment given to him by Mr President and is very much ready and willing to return to his striving legal practice whenever his assignment is over.
“Keyamo is not struggling with anyone for anything other than to enthrone justice and fairness within the system. The minister has climbed the highest ladder in his chosen profession before being called upon to public office. Public office is not a do-or-die affair for him. All insinuations in Oshiomhole’s release that Mr Keyamo is after some PERSONAL gain is pure balderdash.”
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike