Governor of Ebonyi, David Umahi says he knew beforehand that the embattled National chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus would be removed from his position.
Over the past few weeks, several attempts have been made to remove Secondus from his position.
Reacting to Secondus’ ordeal while Speaking on Friday during a programme on Channels Television, Umahi said “I won’t say I’m happy with what is happening to the chairman — Secondus — because he was a bit naive. When I was in PDP, I had a revelation from God and I prophesied that Obaseki was going to win,”
“He (Obaseki) was in APC, I was in PDP. A governor of PDP instigated Secondus to set up a disciplinary committee against a sitting governor, and I was very upset about that.
Also Read: PDP Suspends National Chairman Uche Secondus
“In humility, I submitted myself to that committee, but I know a particular governor who is the owner of PDP did that, and Secondus had to succumb to that and that divided their working committee.
“So, when I was leaving, I told them — do two things. I was told that the working committee, especially Secondus, was going to be unduly removed to give one man or two the leverage of owning the PDP. I said that should not happen, and I told Secondus and I told all the working committee when they visited me in Abuja.
“And the second one was — cede presidency to the south-east and we will all be together. Nut they did not. I think it is the will of God to be where I am and I’m very happy.”
“Remember when I joined APC, I didn’t join APC because I needed to insist that the south-east must be the next president. I never did,”
“I joined APC with all my heart and the support of Mr President, and in appreciation for all his support, even when I was in the other party, and also to prove that the Igbo man believes so much in one Nigeria.
“That is the reason I joined APC, apart from my protest of the injustice meted to south-east in PDP.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari