Popular award-winning Nigerian author, Chimamanda Adichie has expressed regret for not ceasing the opportunity to become an American citizen when she had the chance.
The author famous for works such as ‘half of a yellow sun’ stated that Nigerian was frustrating her, making her regret not becoming a US citizen.
Adichie stated this while speaking in an interview with media personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu on Bounce Radio.
She stated that;
“She’s Nigerian but Nigeria deeply frustrates her. She came to the immediate realization that she doesn’t have to be a dutiful daughter or citizen despite wanting to share in the average experience of an average Nigerian. She made the choice of not being a US citizen which she deeply regrets.”
She also revealed she has stopped attending the Catholic Church in Nigeria, saying the activities of the Church became “way too much” about money, fundraising, and thanksgiving.
Adichie further noted that although she still considers herself a Catholic, she finds it both agnostic and questionable.
- Photos: Vehicles Set Ablaze as Hoodlums Attack INEC Office in Enugu
- #BringBackGEJ: Youths Begin Campaign For Jonathan to Contest 2023
- Miyetti Allah Tells Herdsmen to Vacate South South
- You’re on Expired Drugs, Aisha Yesufu Blasts Those Against Southern Governors
- 70-Year-Old Man Arrested For Stealing Human Hair in Ondo
- Breaking: Gunmen Burn Down Police Station, Vehicles in Delta
- Video: Leicester City Players Dance to ‘Over The Moon’ by Dr Sid After FA Cup Victory
- BREAKING: Leicester City Beats Chelsea to Win First FA Cup
- Delta 2023: Next Governor Must be Fair to Anioma Nation – Governor Okowa
- BREAKING: JAMB Announces New Date For 2021 UTME