President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his commitment to upholding and defending Nigeria’s corporate existence.
Mr Buhari made this declaration in a nationwide broadcast on Saturday in Abuja to mark this year’s Democracy Day.
The president vowed to do all within his power to constitutionally ensure that the security and welfare of all citizens remain the primary purpose of government.
He expressed optimism that the nation would come out of its current challenges stronger.
”As a nation we have come very far from where we started and we are getting incrementally closer to where we ought to be.
”Overcoming the present challenges is but one of a necessary processes that we have to undergo as a nation so that we can come out stronger.
”The day I joined the Nigerian Army I was prepared to lay down my life for Nigeria.
”As your President I remain ever committed to upholding and defending Nigeria’s corporate existence.
”In adhering to the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy, notably Section 14(2)(b), I shall do all within my power to ensure that the security and welfare of the people remain the primary purpose of government,” he said.
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju