President Muhammadu Buhari has said he wants to be remembered as a leader who stabilized Nigeria in terms of security and economy.
The President made the declaration made during a town hall meeting on Thursday, during his official visit to Imo State.
Buhari also told leaders of the South-East region that he cannot be accused of corruption.
Reports of corruption from his aides and close associates caused Mr President to make the claim.
“Nobody can accuse me of having companies or mansions anywhere in the country and I thank God that I try to keep myself as clean as possible, so that I cannot be taken hostage,” he said.
He added that security still remains a major priority in less than two years left in his tenure.
Issues discussed include stability, where the president said he would want to be remembered as someone who stabilized the country in areas of security, economic prosperity and triumph over corruption.
“If there is no security, there is nothing anyone can do no matter how much you try or the initiative you have.” Buhari said.
“Security is number one priority and then the economy. When people feel secure they will mind their own business.”
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals