Minister of communications and digital economy, Dr. Isa Pantami, says the information and communication technology (ICT) sector contributed 17.92 percent to Nigeria’s gross domestic product (GDP) in the second quarter of 2021.
The Minister, who represented President Muhammadu Buhari, disclosed that The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector contributed 17.92 percent to GDP in Q2, 2021 compared to 14.91 percent in Q1 2021 and 17.83 percent in the previous year.
He said: “I begin by commending the effort of the NCC board for coming up with these three important initiatives that are in alignment with the three priority areas of president Muhammadu Buhari’s administration,”
“This effort of the board and the management is highly commendable and I do hope that they will maintain the tempo and ensure that the two things that are going to be unveiled here… are going to be implemented effectively.
“Furthermore, I want to use the opportunity to convey to all our stakeholders here that a letter I personally received from my boss, President Muhammadu Buhari on the 30th of August 2021 which is just about one week and I think the content of the letter is not for me but for all the stakeholders in the digital economy sector and I am glad that this is the best avenue to convey the message.
“A report was presented to President Muhammadu Buhari about the performance of the ICT sector in Nigeria in so many areas, particularly in that report Mr president read that the performance of the ICT sector in the second quarter of 2021 by contributing 17.92 percent to our nation’s gross domestic product (GDP) is unprecedented in the history of Nigeria and ICT as a sector.
“Then Mr president minuted the content to me by just saying honourable minister, communications and digital economy, he underlined it and said well done. He signed and dated it. That is just the content of the letter — just well done. And I read it, I said this is just the message. And I think this well done is not just for Isa but rather for all the stakeholders”.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike