The apex Igbo socio-political organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has described Former governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as protector of Igbo people.
Ohanaeze’s Deputy Secretary-General, Dimm Uche Okwukwu recalled that Tunubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, was fair to Igbos by appointing their sons into his cabinet during his administration as Governor of Lagos State.
In a statement on Tuesday, Okwukwu said Tinubu is needed to guide Nigerians in the right path of democracy.
He said: “Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu represents many things to different persons and groups. To Nigerians in general, he is one of the authors of this democracy we enjoy today. He put in so much energy as chieftain of the National Democratic Coalition, NADECO, to make sure that Nigeria was returned to democracy in 1999. To Yorubas, he is a home-grown leader. Southern Nigeria sees him as a patriot and foremost unifier.
“Igbo people see Asiwaju as their protector. We remember that as governor of Lagos State, he appointed an Igbo man from Anambra State, Ben Akabueze, Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget for eight years, 1999-2007. The import of his gesture was not lost on Igbos all over the world and we are very proud of Asiwaju. Indeed, we call him “Nwanne di na mba,” a brother in foreign land.
“Ndigbo pray God Almighty grants Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu quick recovery, particularly now that Nigeria is in serious transition. We need him for the unification of the Southern bloc of Nigeria. We need him to mentor the younger generations. Nigerians need Asiwaju to inspire them. We need him to guide us in the right path of democracy. Nigerians want him home in good health.”
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi