Bamgbose said Nnamdi Kanu is now a formidable force in Southeast, Nigeria.
Olusegun Bamgbose, National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has advised Igbo leaders against neglecting the popularity of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in their efforts to ensure that next President of Nigeria comes from Southeast.
Neglecting him, according to the Bamgbose, “will be at their own peril”, insisting that “Kanu must be carried along if they must actualize their dreams. Despising Kanu will spell doom for Igbo Presidency.”
“Igbo Presidency and agitation for Biafra are odd bedmates. The Igbos must soft pedalled on their agitations if they must have headway in respect of the Presidency,” the New Nigerian Peoples Party, NNPP, chieftain told DAILY POST.
“The Igbo leaders must have to bring Kanu on the table. This may seem to be unreasonable but it’s imperative that the Igbo leaders must get Kanu involved or else Igbo Presidency will be a total failure.
“The average Igbos believe in Kanu more than the Igbo leaders. Kanu is a force to reckon with, when you talk about Igbo politics.
“Like I’ve earlier on stated, I’ve made up my mind to end the marginalization in nine months of being sworn in as Executive President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“You can’t understand Igbos when you are far from them. Having lived in Igbo land for more than two decades, I sincerely believe I have what it takes to move Nigeria to the next level.
“Let’s tell ourselves the truth, Igbos started nationalism. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, of blessed memory, remains one of the foremost nationalist in the entire political history of Nigeria.
“No leader will neglect them and have a successful administration. Check it up from the regimes and administrations so far, any administration that gives Igbos opportunities will always excel.
“Check up IBB regime, Obasanjo regime, Yar’adua regime. They were outstanding administrations because they fully recognized the igbos .
“Any administration that abandons them don’t fare well economically and politically. This is just a fact that can be verified. The igbos will be well taken care of during my administration.”
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased by 52% in One Week, May Get Worse – WHO
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring