DCP Tunji Disu appointed Head of Police Intelligence Team
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba, has approved the posting of DCP Tunji Disu as the new Head of the Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT).
Tunji’s promotion follows the suspension of under fire super cop, Abba Kyari, who was indicted by American authorities over an alleged involvement in fraudulent activities.
According to Frank Mba, the Police Public Relations Officer, Tunji’s posting is on the heels of Management’s decision to fill the leadership gap within the IRT and refocus the Unit for better service delivery.
The new Head of the Police Intelligence Team has been charged by the IGP to demonstrate professional competence in his leadership of the Unit.
IGP Usman further assured Nigerians that the IRT will remain focused in the discharge of its duties in line with national statutes and international best practices.
Prior to his appointment as the new Head of the IRT, DCP Tunji Disu, who is a former Commander of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) Lagos State, was the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Department of Operations, Force Headquarters, Abuja.
He had also previously served at the State CID, Rivers State as the Deputy Head of the Unit. He was also a former Commander of the Nigeria Police Contingent to the African Union (AU) Peace Keeping Mission in Dafur, Sudan.
DCP Disu holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the Lagos State University (LASU) and a Masters Degree in Public Administration from the Adekunle Ajasin University, Ondo State.
He has also attended several professional courses both at home and abroad: Small Arms Smuggling Training in Botswana, Internet Fraud Training at the Cambridge University, UK, Strategic Leadership Command Course at the Police Staff College, Jos, Forensic Investigations and Criminal Intelligence Course at the University of Lagos, amongst others.
He is a member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, Nigeria Institute of Public Relations and Chattered Institute of Personnel management, amongst other professional bodies.
His posting is with immediate effect.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike