The National Association Of Delta Ijaw Students (NADIS) has announced dates for it’s historic mega convention in Delta state.
The first of it’s kind convention is billed to hold from November 12 – 14, 2021, at Okerenkoko, Warri South West local government area of the state.
The announcement formed part of resolutions reached at the end of the NADIS national congress held on Saturday August 21, in Warri.
Highlight of the congress monitored by our correspondent was the appointment and inauguration of a Convention Planning Committee, as well as an Electoral Committee for the convention.
President of NADIS, Comrade Collins Oturubo, while speaking with Daily Report Nigeria, emphasized the convention will feature educational and reorientation programmes.
“Other relevant areas of learning and cultural heritage activities that will profit the Ijaw students of Delta origin will also be featured,” he said.
Mr Oturubo remarked that the historic event requires strategic planning, as transfer of power and leadership succession through due and thorough electioneering is prioritized.
The students further called for support from Ijaw leaders and stakeholders towards the convention’s success.
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike
- One Killed, Several Injured As Gunmen Attack Church in Kaduna