Evivie Ovuokporie, the flag bearer of the People’s Democratic Party for the Delta State House of Assembly Isoko Constituency 1 by-election as been declared winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
The election which held on Saturday, September 11, 2021 was keenly contested between Hon. Ovuakpoye Evivie (PDP), Comrade Michael Emumena Paul of the Social Democratic Party (SDP), and Dr. Ogaga Ifowodo of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
The INEC Returning Officer, Prof. Christopher Onosemuode, announced the result of the election on Sunday morning, at the Constituency Collation Centre, Isoko South INEC LGA office.
Ovuokporie Evivie of the PDP polled 6, 957 votes, Michael Emumena Paulof SDP scored 1,291 votes and Dr Ogaga Ifowodo of the APC polled 1,301 votes.
The State House of Assembly seat became vacant following the death of Kenneth Ogba in June this year.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents