Governor of Imo state, Hope Uzodinma has said there is a deliberate attempt by some persons to pull down the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Speaking on Tuesday after a meeting with Buhari, Uzodimma said every Nigerian should be involved in contributing their quota to the unity of the country, instead of blaming the president.
“We are doing our best. So far, the situation is relatively okay in Imo state than it was. Imo is okay now. People can come around and do their businesses. The normal life and activities have resumed in Imo state; security agencies are on top of the situation,” Uzodimma said.
“It is not only in Imo state that we have had the challenges of insecurity; there is insecurity in other states. In fact, I can even tell you that Imo’s case is better apart from one or two cases that involved very important personalities.
“There has never been a time that 20 persons died at a time, or school children were kidnapped, and all that. We have been doing our best to see that cases of security breaches are reduced to the barest minimum if not eliminated.
“This is not the society we used to know about our country. We should all be worried and not only be worried, or to sit down and begin to blame government or blame Mr. President. We should all get involved.
“You’ve seen that his government, part of the problem of this government is the deliberate attempt by some group of people to pull down. Because nobody is telling me that this government is not performing, that salaries are not being paid, or that the roads are not being constructed, or the railway is not going, or the various intervention funds to empower our youths are not being given out. Nobody has come in concrete terms to accuse this government of one failure or the other.”
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari