IPOB Are Terrorists – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has labeled the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB as terrorists and thieves.
Buhari insisted that IPOB led by Nnamdi Kanu are not freedom fighters but thieves promoting terrorism.
The president contended that IPOB is not defending Christians in the Southeast as their foreign lobbyists claim.
In a statement by his mouthpiece, Garba Shehu, the president lamented the group’s attack on police stations and government facilities in the Southeast.
“Further afield in the South-East, IPOB are not struggling for freedom when they attack police stations and property, but rather committing acts of terrorism, to steal money.
“IPOB is not defending Christians, as their highly paid foreign lobbyists claim when almost every citizen of those states they terrorize is uniformly Christian.”Advertisement
The President called upon citizens to not give in to “…those who seek to divide us for their own nefarious financial and political gain.” That citizens should strive for unity and peaceful coexistence in the country.
Meanwhile, the Igbo World Assembly IWA, the umbrella organization of Ndigbo in the Diaspora, has cautioned the Federal Government against the use of force to stop ethnic nationalities from agitating for self-determination on July 9 this year.
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi