President Muhammadu Buhari has described the Indigenous People Of Biafra, IPOB as “a dot in a circle,” saying if the group decides to seceed, they can’t have access to anywhere.
The president said this in an interview with Arise TV broadcast on Thursday.
The president said he has been assured by “the elderly people” and “the youths” from the south-south part of the country that region has no intention of seceding.
“I was encouraged by what I heard, nobody told me. Two statements from the south south: one by the elderly people, they said this time around there would be no (secession). And again the youth made the same statement; such encouragement,” Buhari said.
“So that IPOB is just like a dot in a circle. Even if they want to exit, they’ll have no access to anywhere. And the way they are spread all over the country, having businesses and properties. I don’t think IPOB knows what they are talking about.”
“In any case, we say we’ll talk to them in the language that they understand. We’ll organise the police and the military to pursue them.”
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari