The Ijaw Youth Council, Diebiri Kingdom, Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta State has told Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, it is time to settle it’s people.
The charge was contained in a statement by the Chairman IYC Diebiri, Comrade Morris Esegha on Thursday.
Comrade Esegha, who doubles as the Youth Leader of the People’s Democratic Party in Warri South West Council, particularly tasked Governor Okowa to compensate Diebiri with a Commissioner when he reconstitutes the Executive Council of the state.
Esegha emphatically lamented over the unspeakable level of underdevelopment Diebiri is faced with despite being an oil producing Kingdom.
He stressed Governor Okowa should exercise all of his powers to ensure the development of Diebiri kingdom.
‘It is time to look into Diebiri Agenda’, Esegha said.
Going forward, the IYC appealed to Governor Ifeanyi Okowa to work towards compensating a kingdom that massively contributes to the economical growth of Delta state.
Esegha appeals for;
i. A sustainable political solution needed for the people of Diebiri to reclaim its ancestral home.
ii. Our objective as Diebiri people go beyond reclaiming our ancestral home alone. There should be a clear policy commitment on how to tackle Diebiri’s socio-economic underdevelopment by this administration.
iii. Recall, in 2019 Diebiri Kingdom was shortchanged politically, so, Mr. Governor I implore you to reward Diebiri people: (1) With a commissioner for us to have a sense of belonging when reshuffling your cabinet.
“History will rightly judge how you treat the Diebiri people,” Esegha concluded.
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju