The Obotebe Clan structure of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) Worldwide has congratulated the newly elected Executives of Western Zone, calling for an all-round inclusive government in the process.
This was contained in a congratulatory statement on Thursday by the Chairman of Obotebe Clan Ijaw Youth Council, Comrade Andaowei Anthony Okou.
In felicitating with the Doubra Okotete-led Executives, Comrade Andaowei advised for all 24 clans in Western Zone to be carried along in the affairs of Council.
Using the high level of divisiveness in the last dispensation in the Zone as a pointer, reiterated the need for peace and unity to be the benchmark of this government.
“Peace and unity across all clans must form the bedrock of this administration. High expectations are on them to see to it that Council takes a step forward in this dispensation,” Andaowei said.
Andaowei also lauded all aspirants who lost out in the elections and their supporters, as well as all Ijaw youths in the Zone for maintaining peace, law and order during the keenly contested polls.
“While I congratulate all newly Executives in the Zone, the peaceful atmosphere provided by all aspirants and Ijaw youths must be commended,” he added.
The June 5 2021 polls which held in Igbekebor, Ese-Odo local government area, Ondo state saw the emergence of the following persons as the new face of leadership in Western Zone.
- Doubra Okotete – Chairman
- Kikiranki Loko – Vice Chairman
- Olu Derimo Omaghomi – Secretary
- Godstime Ayetan – Asst Secretary
- Lugard Izoukumor – Information Officer
- Opere Samuel – Treasurer
- Nicholas Igarama – Fin Sec
- Oki Jennifer – Woman Leader
- Port Harcourt Osuo – Mobilization Officer
- Onduke Ekereke – Student Rep
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari