Jack Grealish joins Man City
Manchester City has completed the signing of Jack Grealish for a club and Premier League record fee.
The English champions set a new British transfer record with the completion of the Aston Villa star deal.
Jack Grealish penned down a six-year deal following the rejection of a new contract offered to him by his former side.
The English Star inherited the iconic number 10 shirt last worn by prolific goal scorer Aguero.
City fans will be eager to see their new star signing as he gets set to make his debut in the FA Community Shield encounter with Leicester City at Wembley.
In his statement, Grealish said;
“I am incredibly happy to have joined Manchester City; City is the best team in the country with a manager considered to be the best in the world- it’s a dream come true to be part of this club.
“Over the past 10 seasons, they have won major trophies consistently. Pep coming here has taken them to the next level, and the football this team plays is the most exciting in Europe.
In addition, he said;
” To play for Pep and learn from him is going to be unique, and it’s something any top footballer would want.
Also, “the facilities are amazing, and I honestly can’t wait to get started, meet everyone and get playing.”
City’s plan with Grealish
The Villa star and England’s captain Kane were heavily linked to City.
City’s Boss aims to challenge the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League this season, and the acquisition of Grealish will bolster their chances.
With Grealish’s good ability on the ball, it will be vital to the Citizens, and he can also play on the wing.
What caused Grealish’s departure?
Having joined Aston Villa at six, he signed a new deal last summer, remaining at Villa Park until 2025.
The English star didn’t resist the chance to play in the big stage of the Champions League and to work with one of the best managers, if not the best, in the world in the person of Pep Guardiola.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike