Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp isn’t bothered about Jordan Henderson’s future; saying he knows what’s going on behind the scenes but he is relaxed.
Klopp’s assertion follows his press conference on their Premier League encounter against Norwich City.
Will Henderson stay at Anfield?
The latest player to agree to a new deal after Alisson, Fabinho, and Trent Alexander-Arnold is Virgil van Dijk, who extended his stay at Anfield on Friday.
Henderson is yet to extend his contract while having less than two years remaining on his current deal. There are concerns about him leaving Liverpool as a free transfer like Georginio Wijnaldum, his former midfield partner.
“I know what’s going on behind the scenes and I’m relaxed”
In the press conference, the German Coach said, he doesn’t discuss things like a player’s contract but the one thing he can say is that nobody has to worry.
“I know what’s going on behind the scenes and I’m relaxed,” Klopp said.
He added that his current squad has the potential to perform much better than last season, following their third-place finish in the Premier League last season.
Reacting to recent players who have committed their future to the club, the Boss said;
“The most essential thing for a football club is to have a really good football team and you have to work on keeping them.
“It’s really important because a disruption in an existing formation leads to starting a new strategy to fill that hole. This is one of the problems in football. Hence, It’s great news that all these boys have signed new contracts.
Liverpool will face the newly-promoted Norwich side, as they look to challenge Manchester City for the title this season after a disappointing campaign last term.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike