JSS1 Student Files Lawsuit Against Ekiti State Government
A JSS 1 student has filed a ₦15 million law suit against the Ekiti State Government, after she was flogged and suspended over an indecent hairstyle.
The student identified as Gift Agenoisa, a student of Immaculate Secondary School, Ado-Ekiti, said her rights were violated by the torture and suspension.
She was said to have been brought out on the assembly ground on May 22, 2021 on the order of the principal, who also suspended her afterwards.
Gift Agenoisa claimed her suspension infringed on her rights. She also said she sustained bruises, and also fainted due to the torture.
The school’s principal, Oluwasanmi F.M, the Education Commissioner, Olabimpe Aderiye, Ekiti State Teaching Service Commission and Ekiti State Government are joined as defendants in the case.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike