A suspected phone thief has been burnt to death after been caught by vigilantes in Ughelli, Delta State.
It was gathered that one of the suspects who attempted to rob a printing press at Ekiugbo area, was banned on Tuesday morning, June 29 after collecting the valuables of his victims.
Witnesses said the suspect had sneaked into one of his victims’ Make-Up store at about 9.15 a.m with a toy gun.
The source said the owner of the store, who was vigilant enough to discover that the gun the suspected armed robber was carrying was a toy gun, grabbed him and screamed for help.
“We heard an unusual noise from one of the stores in the upstairs and we rushed to see what was happening only to meet a man with a pistol rushing down from one of the apartments; then we decided to run for our dear lives,” the witness told Nigerian Tribune.Advertisement
We heard the owner of the Make-Up store shouting “ole ole ole,” so people started chasing him as he ran into St. Theresa’s Grammar School premise. He met his match when Ekiugbo Vigilante team, who were on hand during the pandemonium, accosted him and engaged him.”
It was gathered that the other suspect was gunned down by vigilantes and set ablaze along Ughelli Express Road by Glass House on Sunday, June 27.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals