Five suspected kidnappers have been burnt to death by angry youths in Owan West LGA, Edo state.
It was gathered that the suspected kidnappers, who were fully armed, attacked and abducted some travellers who they took into the bush.
However, the vigilante group got information about this incident, proceeded to the bush and waylaid the suspects.
Read Also Suspected thief burnt to death in Delta
Further informations proved that the members of the community who were pissed off by the constant kidnap in the state, forcefully sized the kidnappers from the vigilantes as they were taking them to the police station, and set them ablaze.
“The kidnappers would have been contacting the families of the abducted travellers to ask for ransom if not for the bravery of the vigilantes while locals who were fed up with the criminal activities of these kidnappers set them on fire and left to die,” a source told Tribune.Advertisement
Confirming the incident,spokesperson of the Edo State Police Command, Kontongs Bello, said that investigation was ongoing.
“After the kidnap, the vigilantes went in search of the criminals who they apprehended in the bush. As they were coming out in Uokha Community on their way to the police station, angry youths in Uokha and adjoining towns took away the suspected kidnappers from the vigilantes. All efforts to get the suspects to the police proved abortive as they were burnt to death. The investigation is ongoing,” he added
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju