Kwara state police command has rescued 22 kidnapped victims in Oke Onigbin in Irepodun Local Government and Ekan Meje in Ekiti Local Government Area of the state.
Ajayi Okasanmi, the Police Public Relations Officer, in a statement on Monday said that the incident happened on Saturday when six gunmen stopped a commercial bus with seven passengers, and marched them onto the bush.
“Efforts of the police led to the rescue of four out of the seven passengers”.
18 of the victims were rescued from the kidnappers in a bus except for a total of four victims who are still with the kidnappers as they are yet to contact their families.
Okasanmi, however, noted made it known investigations are ongoing.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents