Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has threatened to deal with minister of Niger Delta affairs, Godswill Akpabio, if he doesn’t keep Rivers State out of his mouth.
Wike was reacting to the minister’s recent comments that the south-south governors lack the moral grounds to dictate how the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) funds should be used.
Speaking when he inaugurated the Trade Union Congress (TUC) office complex in Port Harcourt, Wike accused Akpabio of insulting the governors.
“We know what Akpabio was doing as a governor; he saw himself as god then. Now, he has the temerity to insult south-south governors. We will meet one day,” he said.
“Akpabio had money but he has the temerity to ask south-south governors what they are doing with 13 percent derivation. He is not qualified to talk to Rivers state; he has no such authority.
“If he wants to talk he should concentrate in Akwa Ibom state or else we teach him a lesson here. Akpabio should know that enough is enough.”
He also said the minister is fighting the governors, but “you will finish from Abuja” and return to the region.
“You will come here. You were begging governors to come and talk on your behalf (but) now you are fighting us. You can just say anything; abuse governors (but) don’t dare me,” Wike told him.
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased by 52% in One Week, May Get Worse – WHO
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring