Festus Keyamo has once again attacked the National Assembly over Special Public Work (SPW). He said no one, but President has power to stop the scheme.
According to him, only the president has the power to halt the 774,000 jobs scheme which commenced on Tuesday 4.
“They were urging Mr President, (look at the resolution, they cannot actually mandate) – to see whether they could halt commencement of the programme, but Mr President had actually directed that we commence the programme. It is only Mr President that can actually say that we should stop implementation of the programme, so on the directive of Mr President, we have actually commenced the programme,” Keyamos said on Channels Television’s Politics Today.
The House of Representatives last month passed a resolution mandating the minister to stay action on the planned implementation of the SPW scheme.
The reps had insisted that the programme will not be implemented until a comprehensive list of beneficiaries from the Nigerian directorate of employment is made available, but in defiance by Festus Keyamo and the presidency, it commenced officially yesterday.
The House of Representatives is yet to respond to the new development.
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased by 52% in One Week, May Get Worse – WHO
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring