Festus Keyamo has once again attacked the National Assembly over Special Public Work (SPW). He said no one, but President has power to stop the scheme.
According to him, only the president has the power to halt the 774,000 jobs scheme which commenced on Tuesday 4.
“They were urging Mr President, (look at the resolution, they cannot actually mandate) – to see whether they could halt commencement of the programme, but Mr President had actually directed that we commence the programme. It is only Mr President that can actually say that we should stop implementation of the programme, so on the directive of Mr President, we have actually commenced the programme,” Keyamos said on Channels Television’s Politics Today.
The House of Representatives last month passed a resolution mandating the minister to stay action on the planned implementation of the SPW scheme.
The reps had insisted that the programme will not be implemented until a comprehensive list of beneficiaries from the Nigerian directorate of employment is made available, but in defiance by Festus Keyamo and the presidency, it commenced officially yesterday.
The House of Representatives is yet to respond to the new development.
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri