The Nigerian Correctional Service (NCoS) has said 114 escapees from its Kabba detention facility, who were among 240 detainees released on September 12 have been recaptured.
This was disclosed in a statement released on Tuesday in Abuja by the NCoS spokesperson, Francis Enobore.
Recall that gunmen stormed the Medium Security Custodial Centre in Kabba, Kogi State.
Haliru Nababa, the Controller-General of the NCoS, has since ordered the immediate repatriation procedure and a comprehensive inquiry into the jailbreak.
Enobore said, “Following the swift intervention of the controller-general, 114 escapees have been recaptured,”
“The controller-general, who personally led a team to the custodial centre for an on-the-spot assessment, directed immediate search party response team to go after the escapees.
“This was even as security has been beefed up through the deployment of additional armed squad personnel to fortify the facility,” he added.
He urged the remaining escapees to surrender within the next 24 hours or face prosecution if apprehended again.
They can’t hide any longer because their pictures and biometrics have been taken, according to the statement.
He reassured the public that they would be safe, saying that no effort would be spent in locating the inmate that runaway.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike