Kuwait SC signs Mikel Obi
Former Super Eagles captain, John Mikel Obi has signed for Kuwaiti club, Kuwait SC.
The former Chelsea midfielder was also named captain of the Kuwait SC upon his unveiling.
The 34-year-old joined Kuwait SC on a one-year deal following the cancellation of his contract with Championship side, Stoke City by mutual consent.
Mikel was officially handed the his favorite No.12 jersey at the unveiling ceremony.
The player vowed to lead Kuwait SC to win titles this season after being named captain.
“I’m very happy, extremely happy to be here, “he said at the press conference monitored by PUNCH Sports Extra.
“First I’d like to thank the club president for having me and other foreign players here as well.”
Mikel Obi spent 10 years at Chelsea football club in England, winning the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, two Premier League titles, four FA Cups, two Carabao Cups and one Community Shield in the process.
He promised to contribute his wealth of experience to help Kuwait SC in the ongoing league season.
“Obviously, we are here to add value to the team. We know what the team demands and we know we have to win games and win trophies. That is why we are here.
“I will use my experience, everything I have to help the team and improve it.”
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents