A Coalition of South East Youth Leaders, COSEYL, has advised South East governors particularly Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi and Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State to learn from the fate of the late Oba of Ilorin, Afonja, who received Fulani migrants in his kingdom against the will of his subjects only to get killed by the same Fulani.
COSEYL in a joint press statement by its President General, Hon. Goodluck Egwu Ibem; and Secretary, Comrade Kanice Igwe, asked South East Leaders not to allow the zone to be taken over by invaders.
“We call on Governor Umahi to learn from what happened to Afonja, the Oba of Ilorin in 1824. Afonja received the Sheu Alimi also known as Salih Janta with open arms in Ilorin.
“Abdulsalam, the son of Sheu Alimi turned around to kill Afonja and made himself the Emir of Ilorin. Indeed life is too short to learn from our mistakes, its better we learn from the mistake of others.
“It is not a mere coincidence for Fulani militia to attack Ebonyi and Enugu States killing over 30 persons the same time President Buhari travelled out of the country.”
“Fulani herders are in South East for a hidden agenda” other than cattle rearing as they claim.
The coalition ordered every Fulani on evil mission to stay away from South East immediately or get ready for the wrath of Igbo youths.
“We warn all armed herdsmen to immediately vacate the South East zone.
” It is now very clear to all that they are not herdsmen which they claim to be but killers and land grabbers on a hidden mission to grab and overrun Igbo-land and convert it to Fulani territory.”“
“We call on all the youths in Igbo communities to immediately secure their villages and forests with their local vigilante so that their community will not be overran by Fulani herdsmen who from all indications have the backing of unseen forces to do so.”
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri