The Police Service Commission has refused to promote Ibrahim Magu, the ex-EFCC chairman to the next rank of Assistant Inspector General (AIG).
The Commission however, supported the acting appointments of three Deputy Inspectors-General of Police, DIGP.
It also approved the promotion of 24 Commissioners of Police, CP to the next rank of Assistant Inspectors General of Police, AIGP.
Magu, a CP was appointed acting EFCC chairman in 2015 was relinquished of the position last year due to corruption practices of all sorts.
ALSO READ: Magu Released From Detention After 9 Days
It was reported this week that the public furiously reacted to the plans to promote him.
The foregoing then caused the PSC announcenent in a statement on today that his awaiting promotion to the next rank of AIG, has been declined.
Ikechukwu stated: “The decisions were the highpoints of the Commission’s 12th Plenary Meeting held on Tuesday and Wednesday, 6th and 7th of July, 2021 and presided over by Commission’s Chairman, Musiliu Smith, a retired Inspector General of Police.”
Ita said, “Similarly the Commission approved the promotion of 35 Deputy Commissioners of Police, to the rank of Commissioners, 52 Assistant Commissioners of Police to Deputy Commissioners and 46 Chief Superintendents of Police to Assistant Commissioners.”
“It also considered and approved the promotion of 10 Superintendents of Police to Chief Superintendents, 17 Deputy Superintendents of Police to Superintendents, 139 Assistant Superintendents of Police, whose names were skipped during the last promotion, to Deputy Superintendents and nine Inspectors to Assistant Superintendents of Police.”
“The Commission declined the promotion of CP Magu pending clearance from the office of the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice and the Office of the Inspector General of Police.”
“The Commission’s three DIGs whose acting appointments were confirmed were Tijanni Baba who replaced Rtd DIG Aminchi Samaila Baraya for North East; Zanna Mohammed Ibrahim, who replaced Rtd DIG Ibrahim Larmode, North East and DIG Moses A. Jitoboh who replaced Rtd DIG, Ogbizi Michael, for South-South.”
“The 24 Commissioners of Police promoted to Assistant Inspectors General of Police were; Usman Nagogo, currently CP Federal Intelligence Bureau, Force Headquarters Abuja; Bala Ciroma, CP, FCT Command; Ahmad Abdurrahman, NIPPS, Jos; Adeleke Adeyinka Bode, CP, Kebbi State Command; Muri Umar Musa, CP Kaduna State Command; Lawal Jimeta Tanko, (former COMPOL POPOL) and presently Commandant Police Academ y Wudil Kano……. ”
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC