28year old man, Rufa’i Yunusa, who lives at Rumbu Village in Ningi Local Government Area of Bauchi State, has been arrested for Allegedly killing not less than four little children between the ages of two and four.
Bauchi state police command yesterday said the suspected ritualist was arrested on Wednesday. Police spokesman, SP Ahmed Wakil, in a statement, said his arrest followed a complaint lodged at the Ganjuwa Division by one Isyaku Ahmed of Unguwan Yamma, Kafin Madaki.
“He took his daughter, one Maimuna Isyaku to a native doctor (Rufa’i Yunusa) for traditional treatment where Rufa’i told him that his daughter (Maimuna) was suffering from a spiritual ailment and assured him that his daughter would be cured.
“He then solicited for N10,000 from the father, after which he took the little girl into the forest purportedly for a spiritual healing session only to return after a while to inform the girls’ father that the little girl had mysteriously disappeared during the process,” the statement said.
Wakil said when the police searched the forest, they found out that the girl has been slaughtered. He said a medical doctor confirmed that Maimuna was dead.
“Rufa’i Yunusa, the suspected ritualist, has been arrested in connection to the crime and during interrogation he voluntarily confessed to have slaughtered Maimuna. He further revealed that the victim was not his only victim and claims to usually carry out the act with parental consent by tacitly informing them that the children may not return during healing sessions,” he added.
A knife and 26 pairs of children clothes were being recovered as exhibits during the operation. “Investigations are ongoing after which the suspects will be charged to court for prosecution,” Wakil said.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals