Man City Suspend Benjamin Mendy
Manchester City has suspended defender Benjamin Mendy following his rape and sex assault charges.
The French defender was charged with four counts of rape and another count of sexual assault by Cheshire police.
“Cheshire Constabulary and the Crown Prosecution Service would like to remind everyone that criminal proceedings against Mendy are live and that he has a right to a fair trial,” a police spokesman said.
The English champions in a statement on Thursday said:
“Manchester City can confirm that following his being charged by police today, Benjamin Mendy has been suspended pending an investigation.
“The matter is subject to a legal process and the club is therefore unable to make further comment until that process is complete.”
Mendy is to appear in court on Friday for a hearing.
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC
- Nigerian Customs To Deploy Drones At Seme Border To Check Smuggling
- States Must be Empowered To Harness Resources, Revenues For Development – Wike
- My Vision For United Nigeria Driving Me Crazy – Okorocha