A man has been sentenced to death by hanging by the Adamawa high court for brutally killing his wife, and his stepson.
The man, identified as Bangos Adamu, age 40, was sentenced to death by Justice Fatimah Tafida, of an Adamawa high court, following his brutal murder of his wife, Regina Bangos, and step son, Revelation James with an axe and cutlass.
In his confessional st atement, Bangos said that he married his late wife after she was divorced by her former husband and she came to his house with Revelation, who had for her ex husband.
He further told the court that eachtime they had a misunderstanding, the deceased complained and threatened to return to her former husband. He said his seven-year-old stepson would also support his mum anytime she threatened to leave his house.
He told the court that on Jun 15 this year, he was at home when she asked him to buy bread for breakfast instead of grains, he said that he insisted on eating grain, which led to an argument, and she threatened to leave his house, he added that this got him very upset, and he decided to attack her
Bangos said when they had gone to bed, he went into their room with an axe and a cutlass to attack them. He said he used the axe to hit his deceased wife three times in the head and that while she was still struggling for life, he used the cutlass to hack little Revelation to death.
He said he then rushed to the Chairman of the local Hunters Association to report himself, and they handed him over to the police.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals