According to reports in France, Manchester United target Eduardo Camavinga is set to leave Rennes before the transfer window closes. The 18-year-old is in the last year of his contract with Rennes.
As of now, he hasn’t reached an agreement over a new deal with the French club.
Teams vying for Eduardo’s signature
Manchester United has shown an interest in signing Camaving, with an approach to the midfielder’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, about a possible deal this summer.
Chelsea is also one of the clubs understood to have been monitoring Camavinga’s situation closely. Petr Cech could use his strong relationship with Rennes to his advantage. PSG is also in the race for Camaving, due to his track record and a surprise rise in the Ligue is spectacular.
According to Ouest-France, the youngster has made Rennes’ supporters aware that he has already played his final game for the club. Also, according to L’Equipe, Rennes expressed that they would be willing to sell the player if their €30 million (£25.5m) asking price was agreed.
What are the conditions?
Earlier this summer, Rennes manager Bruno Genesio spoke about the issue clearly at the French club press conference. The club would be open to allowing Camavinga to leave. In his statement, he said;
‘We have already stressed several times that we cannot afford to remain in this situation concerning an international player like him.’
He added that part of career growth is to have important decisions to make, he has been on the path to determining his future, and they at the club also have their interests to defend.
‘I hope we find a solution that everyone is satisfied with.’ said Genesio.
Eduardo has featured for the French team this season amid reports linking him to other top clubs in Europe.
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi